LastQuake, the App
LastQuake, the app
Earthquakes that matter
Testimonies that matter
Information that matters
Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, English, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Lithuanian, Malay, Marathi, Montenegrin, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Serbian, Slovenian, Swahili, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Turkish, Urdu, Uzbek.
Didn't find your language?
Contact us and help us translate the LastQuake app in your native language. Your contribution will benefit many people living in earthquake-prone regions. What are you waiting for? Get in touch with us and join our collective effort to build an earthquake-resilient society!
LastQuake is a citizen seismology project. If today LastQuake is available in your native language, it is because throughout the years, volunteers from all around the world have supported our mission to make seismology accessible to the populations affected by earthquakes. A huge thanks to our translators:Emiljano Zhuleku, Ermir Dajci, Malik Koljenovic, Emil Botev, Shengzao Chen, Nada Buric, Ecija Blašković Vondraček, Nataša Stojanović, Robert Steed, Mehdi Zare, Sajad Sepehri, Sajad Sepehri, Odysseas Vavourakis, Manfred Riser, Eric Calais, Stacey Martin, Istvan Bondar, François Beauducel, Claudio Satriano, Jacopo Natale, Lee Beomsoo, Goran Jovanovic, Madhu Acharya, Daria Niemira, Kamil Stefaniak, Susana Custodio, Alexandru Marmureanu, Sergei Krasilov, Tatyana Gladkova, Lytzy Rivera, Jaime Convers, Leo Lim, Wen-Tzong, Mustafa Comoglu, Muhammad Sarosh Ali, Vaisakh Menon, Vaisakh Menon, Honoka Miki, Tanbin Islam Siyam, Milena Marjanovic, Sandeep Thapa, Gopi Seemla, Chandan Kapil, Varun Dongre, Anojh Thevarasan, Muhammad Yousaf Anwar, Saule Simuté, Dony Adriansyah, Arzpeima Samaneh, Ian Murimi, Bakhtiar Nurtaev, Timotej Verbovsek, Peshawa Luqman Hasan,Ermir Dahci, Amy Slayer, Vineet Gahalaut, Farnaz Kamranzad, Masoud Mojarab, Ahmad Ali Fahmi, Alix Triyanti.
To work optimally, our app requires a certain number of access permissions. Please note that data is used for scientific purposes only and not for commercial purposes. The information you share with us contributes to seismic risk reduction and serves to alert local populations.
E-mail: optional, but required when you leave a comment on an earthquake you felt. Your email is used only for scientific purposes and never shared with third parties. We will contact you in case we need more details about a seismic event.
Contacts: our Safety Check service can access your relatives’ contact information and send a text message to say that you are safe.
Location: to send push notifications and safety tips in case of an earthquake near you.
Phone, device ID & call information: to identify your device and to check if it is able to send text messages.
Files, media, camera, micro: in case you want to share with the EMSC pictures and videos of an earthquake you witnessed.
App updates: our app does not modify, replace or update itself using any method other than Google Play's or Apple\’s update mechanism.
- The EMSC is a non-political organization. We follow a strict policy for geographical naming and borders which is:
- - We follow UN rules when they exist, if not
- - We follow EU rules when they exist, if not
- - We follow French rules
The designations employed and the presentation of material on the LastQuake mobile app do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the EMSC concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
By accessing or using our app, you agree to be bound to the terms and conditions described below. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, do not use our app.
The LastQuake app is a mobile application developed by the EMSC. Its use is intended for mobile devices.
Use of email address
If you send a comment with a picture or a video, we kindly invite you to indicate an email address: we might use it to contact you only if we need any further information.
In order to present you with relevant information (for example, the earthquakes near you), the application can use your mobile device's location if you give your consent. This localisation data is collected by the EMSC for scientific analysis to improve the functionality of the site but is not shared with outside commercial interests
The EMSC cannot be held liable for the content displayed on the app or the way you use it, nor the performance or the capabilities of your device.
The LastQuake app is intended for devices using mobile networks. The EMSC cannot guaranty the app proper functioning and the data transfer liability. The EMSC reserves the right to interrupt any or all of the functionalities of this app.
The user can submit comments that are true, fair, and respecting privacy. Banned comments are: religious comments, offensive comments, threats, comments that infringe copyright. The EMSC reserves the right to not publish on its websites or mobile app any inappropriate content. The posting on social networks is under the user responsibility.
Photo & video submission
Users can submit photos or videos: taken by themselves; respecting the dignity of the individuals; for videos only, they cannot contain any identifiable individuals. By posting a photo or a video via the app, the copyright is deemed assigned to the EMSC. The EMSC reserves the right to not publish on its website or mobile app any inappropriate photo or video. The posting on social networks is under the user responsibility.
In case of an earthquake potentially generating a tsunami or raising questions about tsunami risk, the EMSC provides indicative information on tsunami risk. This information is principally based on data provided by official warning centres. When it is not available, the EMSC estimates the risk based on official centers’ decision models. The EMSC cannot be held responsible for this statement, which does not take precedence over the information issued by the official warning centres, which have authority on the subject.
User rights related to data protection
In accordance with the European legislation, users may exercise their rights to access, correct, erase, object to processing, and request data transference where applicable. Requests must be addressed to contact[at]emsc-csem.org. We will respond within the shortest time possible. You also have the possibility to fill a complaint with the National Commission for data processing and freedom (CNIL).
Our partners: the SCOR Foundation
Citizens are at the core of LastQuake and reducing the risks they face in an earthquake is among our priorities. Always at the forefront of developing tailored solutions to minimize the negative effects of risks on individuals and society, the SCOR Foundation shares our values and missions and support us in promoting a culture of comprehensive and effective risk
Together, we will contribute to people's resilience after earthquakes.
- Huawei: settings --> advanced settings --> battery manager --> protected apps --> check "lastQuake"
- Xiaomi/Asus: settings --> permissions --> autostart --> check "lastQuake"
- If LastQuake launches but you get a blank screen, try to remove the application cache:
- Android: settings --> applications --> LastQuake --> storage --> clear cache
Late notification issue:
- If you have a late notification issue, you can follow this procedure:
- Android 12 & 13: here is a tutorial video >>
GPS not found issue:
LastQuake uses the Global Positionning System (GPS) to get the best localisation available. If you are inside, GPS may not be available, try to go outside or near a window.
Version 2.5.4 | 23-09-2020
- minor bug fixed
Version 2.5.3 | 18-09-2020
- Audio notification bug fix
- Add user distance to epicenter
- languages: serbian, nepali, telugu
Version 2.5.2 | 24-07-2020
- Fixed localization update issues
- Bug fixes
Version 2.5.1 (iOS) | 19-06-2020
- Bug fix for notification
Version 2.5.0 | 15-06-2020
- Interactive felt map
- Customizable notification test
- Earthquake notification through voice synthesizer
- Copy-paste available for comments
- Minor bugs fixed
- New languages available: Croatian, Czech, Bosnian, Montenegrin, Hebrew
Version 2.1.0 | 13-09-2019
- Tsunami tips added
Version 2.0.0 | 04-03-2019
- Rapid publication of felt earthquake when location and magnitude are not know yet.
- Tagalog language added
Version 1.4.0 | 24-07-2018
- upgrade notification to FCM (Android)
- improved loading of comments
- German language added
Version 1.3.4 | 06-12-2017
- bugs fixes
- Arabic language added
- Add safety tips link in earthquake detail page
- Splash screen modified
Version 1.3.2 | 26-06-2017
- Modified safety tips pictures
- Added Languages: chinese, hindi
Version 1.3.0 | 01-03-2017
- Possibility to refresh the pictures and comments lists
- Modified the list scrolling to prevent clicking on earthquakes while scrolling
- Minor bugs fixes
- Added Languages: Persian, Indonesian
Version 1.2.2 | 06-12-2016
- Modify user comments rating
- Add safety tips link to Safety check notification
- Minor bugs fixes
Version 1.2.0 | 13-09-2016
- Map tiles updated
- Safety Check : reassure your loved ones via SMS
- Safety tips : what to do after an earthquake?
Version 1.1.2 | 26-07-2016
- Map tiles updated
- iOS: Fix Bugs: Notification badge icon
Version 1.1.1 | 19-11-2015
- Android: localisation improvement
- Fix Bugs: Notification, earthquakes lists refresh
Version 1.1.0 | 11-09-2015
- Rapid publication of any possibly felt earthquakes
- Display events in relative time by default (configurable) i.e 10 minutes ago
- Display in miles or km (customizable)
- Simplification of the display of testimonies
- Addition of a testimonies map
- Faster upload for pictures and videos.
Version 1.0.4 | 09-12-2014
- Keep the last known location.
- Adding a progress bar for file uploads
- Update publishing photos on twitter
Version 1.0.3 | 09-10-2014
- Fix bug for the users who don't subscribe to push notifications.
- Add new translation features.
- Fix bugs : scrolling lists
Thank you to: Christian W. for his help.
Version 1.0.1 | 01-07-2014
- Initialisation's bug fixed. Problem solved for users with empty earthquakes.
- App install on SD-CARD by default. Possibility to move to internal storage
Thank you to: Antonio (iOS) for his help and Mustafa (Android) from KOERI (Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Institute). They helped us to fix the bugs of the first release.